Thursday, June 09, 2016

Shoes

A few years ago I found these great shoes at Payless. I was going to the Ms Wheelchair Foundation - a fancy affair at an upscale hotel in Houston. I was wearing a new pink dress and needed shoes to wear with it. Clothes are hard enough to find in my size, but shoes are even tougher. I typically wear a size 2 - that's a child size! It has been next to impossible for me to find adult-looking dressy shoes. And I can't handle anything with a heel because of my weak ankles and poor balance.

And then I found the dressy shoe of my dreams - peep toe, a wedge I can manage, cute little bow, but still adult-looking shoes - and I found them in pink! Hot damn! To my even further euphoria, I discovered they also came in black, brown, and red, and secured those a few weeks later.

These are the best dressy shoes I have ever had. Comfortable, attractive, and useful. I have worn the hell out of the black ones because I wear a lot of black.

So I guess I jinxed myself. I received multiple compliments in one day about the shoes, and I gushed about how comfortable they are. I wasn't lying. They ARE comfortable. But when you wear the same shoes for three days in a row, for 12+ hours a day, in the Texas heat, with no panty hose - yesterday my feet HURT, and I noticed the inside of the shoes had small spots of blood on them. I loved the shoes so much I tried to kill them - and my feet - by wearing them too much.

I am hoping I can clean them, but in the meantime, luckily I found another pair in black and in my size, and I ordered them online. I could not find them in any of the other colors I have, so I will have to be very careful with those.

After a good night's sleep and a gentle scrub in the shower, my feet are somewhat better today. Lesson learned I hope. Don't love your shoes more than you care about your feet.

librarianintx

No comments: