Friday, June 10, 2016

Dancing with the Stars finale

I'm not going to write a traditional recap since the show ended weeks ago. I'll just say that it was a wonderful season as usual. Although I'm so proud of Nyle for winning and believe he is worthy of the title, I can't help feeling that Paige was robbed. She was SO strong all season. She is the whole package - dance ability, sex appeal, athleticism, and a great backstory.

I have to admit that I was underwhelmed by the competition part of the finale. Usually the freestyles are so exciting, so innovative, and I was honestly disappointed by all of them. In my opinion, Nyle's WAS the best, and often the person who performs the best freestyle wins the competition. I expected Paige's freestyle to blow me away. Given how outstanding all of her routines were this season, I was waiting for a "rock my world" performance with daredevil tricks and spicy moves. Her freestyle was lovely and intensely personal for her and Mark, but unfortunately it didn't affect me as much as I hoped it would. Nyle's freestyle was very powerful and it did move me, but overall I still wasn't as excited as I wanted to be.

The only routine I truly enjoyed that night was Paige and Mark's salsa. I loved the Pitbull song, the dress change, the way the dance floor exploded in a burst of red and orange that resembled fire. Paige was super sexy and the tricks were awesome. I yelled at the tv when Len said she didn't have enough hip action. Then I watched the routine a second time, and I could see what Len was saying...kind of. I think there was a lack of hip action because of the lifts and partnering. Still, I adored the routine. I thought it was caliente! That dance DID NOT deserve a 9!

Thanks for another entertaining season, Dancing with the Stars! See you in the fall!

librarianintx

No comments: