Wednesday, July 01, 2015

July Blogging Commitment

I planned to promise that I would blog every day in July. It only took me about 30 seconds to realize that was too lofty of a goal. So I am now pledging to blog a minimum of 10 times this month. Set your goals a little lower so you can feel good when you exceed them.

When I was on my way to work one day last week, I saw this quote on the side of a building: "Live a great story."

I am not living a great story. I am living a story of fear, insecurity, and frustration. I am living a life where I constantly compare myself to others, and find me lacking in every way - confidence, ability, financial security, appearance, friendships, achievements.

I want to live a better story. I want a legacy that I can be proud of. I want to leave this earth secure in the belief that I did not waste this life I was afforded.

Success is a relative term. I want to discover my definition of success, and feel like I achieved it.

Librarianintx

No comments: