Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Librarian 2.0 Step 4: RSS Feeds

I like RSS. Its cool. I like the idea of the news coming to me. I check CNN and MSNBC several times a day, so I plan to subscribe to their general feeds in the near future. I hope to not sign up for too many feeds, however, because I think it could get overwhelming. One factor I already find myself struggling with is do I sign up for a popular feed that is really active and might take a lot of time to scroll through, or do I sign up for a less popular feed with fewer postings? I have already unsubscribed to one feed because I realized it has not been updated in months. So I plan to try to hit a happy medium between the two options.

Update: I've added a few more feeds, but they're not work related.

There is a reader application for Blackberrys, but its not free. Darn. I'd like to have that, but I'm not going to pay for it.

librarianintx

No comments: