Thursday, July 13, 2006

Second time as good as the first?

Yes....I think so. :-)

Ohhhhh....I'm looking around my new home here, and I just discovered text colors. I LIKE text colors. I like colors. Most of them anyway. I am a pink person. The layout of my blog is the closest I could get to pink. I think its actually more of a lavender. I don't know, I'll have to see it again. I only saw it briefly this morning, and I was in a rush because I was at work and I'm not supposed to be using the Internet for personal stuff.

I'm working on that.

There is no pink text color here. But that's okay, because it probably wouldn't show up anyway.

ANYWAY. Enough about colors. My plan for this blog is to talk about topics that are important to me, and hopefully be able to inform people who happen to slide in for a visit. Because you see, I'm a librarian. We like to inform. And help. I think you will see that my interests are quite varied, as are my opinions. I'll include those too, possibly more than you would like.

I'll start off with a quick review of the book I just finished reading:

LOVED IT!!!!!
Oops, I should probably give you the title: Memoirs of a Geisha. Yes, you're right, I'm about two years behind the geisha craze. At least I finally got there. That was one of the best books I have ever read. I could not put it down. I could sit here at the keyboard and compose a scholarly review, but I'm not going to. Just get the book and read it. It seriously rocks. I don't want to say anything else, so I won't give anything away. Just read it. And yes, I plan to see the movie, and yes, I know the movie is not as good as the book, but I want to see the movie anyway.
Quit reading my blog and go get that book. I would loan you my copy, but I've already loaned it to my co-worker. She asked first. Sorry.


I could talk about the book I'm reading now, but I'll save that for another time. I think I've blabbed enough for this entry.


Oh wait...the origin of Sweater Grrl. That is one of the nicknames bestowed upon me from my friend (and roommate) "CJ" (you'll be hearing a lot about him, so get used to it.) We went to graduate school together, and I would always get cold in the classes, so even when it was like August and freakin' hot in Texas, I would be wearing a sweater with shorts. Voila...Sweater Grrl. We have a friend, "KJ" (no relation to "CJ") who also went to grad school with us. She carried a backpack with her a lot, so "CJ" called her Backpack Woman. Backpack Woman and Sweater Grrl...can you tell that one of his favorite things is comics?


Should I post a picture? Something to consider for next time. *waves*

No comments: