Monday, July 04, 2022

June 2022 Recap

 I have been a Def Leppard fan since I was 15 years old, when their third album "Pyromania" came out, although I also remember their song "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" from their second album "High and Dry." Def Leppard was finally able to start their Stadium Tour with Motley Crue, Poison, and Joan Jett, which had been postponed a few times due to COVID. Def Leppard also released a new album at the end of May called "Diamond Star Halos." I have been enjoying the album and watching YouTube videos from the tour. My favorite new songs from the album are "Kick" and "Fire it Up." They look very happy to be performing live again, and they sound better than ever. I was able to watch their full concert from the Whisky in LA that they did before the tour started. The tour is coming to Houston, but I don't plan to go. Too many people with COVID still an issue, and I don't want to pay high prices when I don't like the other bands as much. I hope they tour again after this one. I saw them a few years ago in Houston when they toured with Journey - that was an awesome concert!

I finished two books in June - "Breaking Free: How I escaped Polygamy, the FLDS Cult, and my Father Warren Jeffs" by Rachel Jeffs, and "Every Day is a Gift: A Memoir" by Tammy Duckworth. Both were very good. Tammy Duckworth is an amazing person!

I also watched two multi-part documentaries: "Bobby Brown" on A&E and "Keep Sweet, Pray, and Obey" on Netflix about the FLDS and Warren Jeffs. 

I did a little cooking in June - I made two batches of chicken alfredo pasta in the Instant Pot. 

At the end of June, I looked up Phil Collen's (guitarist in Def Leppard) side band Delta Deep and listened to their first album. Phil has two side bands: Delta Deep and Man Raze. Delta Deep is called a soul / blues-rock band. It was more hard-rock and less blues than I was expecting, but I wasn't surprised considering how Phil tears it up with Def Leppard. Anyway, I like the album. My favorite songs so far from that album are Down in the Delta, and Mistreated. Joe Elliott sings lead on Mistreated, and I love his voice, and the vibe of the song. It is a very long song, though. But yes, Joe Elliott can sing the blues! 

librarianintx


No comments: