Thursday, August 20, 2020

"Living Under the Threat" - A Luxury of the Pandemic

I have a few luxuries because of the pandemic. 

Lack of a commute is a big one.

Ability to set my work hours throughout the day is another.

I used to wake up at 5:40 am, and had to be ready to leave my apartment by 6:45.

Now I wake up around 7:30, shower around 8, walk, and usually start work between 9-9:30.

I stay in bed, drifting, relaxing, enjoying the comfort that laying down affords my body - no aches or pains in my legs, my back, my neck. I know once I get up I won't be this comfortable for the rest of the day.

I feel guilty for the luxury of that time and that comfort - but I take advantage of it every single day.

I am grateful for those moments of rest, of freedom. My pain is not immense by any means, but it's still not easy.

It doesn't feel right to have luxuries during a pandemic, but I do. 

And I am appreciative.

librarianintx

No comments: