Wednesday, March 04, 2020

February 2020 recap

This year is flying by already. It's already March - wow!

February was a good month. Not as busy or successful as January, but still productive.

I read three books in February - Hope: A Memoir of Survival in Cleveland, Finding Me, and Alice & Gerald: A Homicidal Love Story.

I saw two movies: "Seberg" and "Emma"

I went out to eat three times: twice at the Texas Smokehouse with family members, and once at Central Market with two co-workers.

I went to two concerts in February: I saw Sarah MacLachlan at Bass Concert Hall, and attended Chorus Austin's "Songs of the Earth" concert.

I also walked over to the Texas Capitol one day with co-workers to see the Barbara Jordan exhibit during Black History month.

On February 26th I presented a webinar for the FDLP (Federal Depository Library Program) about traveling with a disability or health condition.

I also early voted in February. #votebluenomatterwho 

I am so pleased, and more than a little surprised, that I have continued to be mostly consistent with my exercising. There was just one day in February when I didn't do my arm exercises. But I have kept up with the other exercises. I have also been consistent with my medications, except my calcium supplements. I need to do better there. I also need to do better with fluid intake. So there is room for improvement. The potassium continues to be an issue, but I'm at least somewhat happier now that my doctor has lessened some of the restrictions. There is still a lot I can't eat, and that's frustrating. But I'm coming up with some new meals, and I'm eating beans again, so I'm pleased about that. I'm getting used to rice milk instead of regular milk. I found a new snack I like - Nature Valley peanut butter cocoa bars.

librarianintx


No comments: