Sunday, March 15, 2020

My "Life During a Pandemic" Tip for Today

I like to eat.
But I don't always eat everything I buy.
I endeavor not to be a food waster.
I know there is food insecurity around the world, and I am grateful every day for a place to live and food to eat.
But let's face it. 
Sometimes you're just not interested in the frozen peas you bought last week.
You're at the store, you see the frozen asparagus, and you say, "I know I have peas at home, but DAMN that asparagus looks tasty. I want it, and I'm buying it!"
Next week the asparagus might get passed over in favor of brussel sprouts.
Wait.
Bad example.
I DO NOT like brussel sprouts.
Change that to fried okra.
Much better.
But you get my point.
You probably have a good amount of food in your freezer and pantry.
Now is a good time to eat that food.
Panic has resulted in temporary shortages at local stores (emphasis on temporary).
Social distancing has been encouraged, so less trips to the supermarket are a good idea.
You'll also be saving money by eating the food you already have.
So that's my tip for the day.
As long as the food isn't freezer burned or past it's expiration date, have at it.
Eat those peas! 

librarianintx

No comments: