Thursday, August 24, 2017

So You Think You Can Dance 2017 Episode 3

Yeah, I'm late...blah blah blah...

Allison & Logan
Jive
Sasha Farber and Emma Slater
I love Sasha and Emma! I love the Jive. And Logan is rapidly becoming my favorite contestant this season. I think the Jive is a fantastic dance for Logan - a great way to show off his personality, agility, flexibility, and speed. I enjoyed the routine a lot - it was cheeky and fun - although I would have liked to see even more tricks. Also, the roll trick could have been executed more smoothly. But his kicks and flicks were awesome! Overall, excellent job Logan! He is a dynamic performer.

Marco & Koine
Hip Hop
Dave Scott
Their compatibility is ridiculous! They look like they've been dancing together for years. They were so in sync in this routine, and they were both hitting it hard. I felt a lot of emotion from both of them too. It was an impressive performance.

Fik-shun & Dassy
Jazz
Ray Leeper
The package went on at length about how sexy Ray wanted them to be in this piece. Don't get me wrong - there were definitely some sexy moves there. But the routine was more athletic than sexy. And they were both rather over-dressed. Not that you have to be naked to be sexy. But when I think sexy, I think Comfort and Mark from last week - lots of skin, lots of contact, lots of slow, sexy moves. Having said all this, I still think it was a great performance. They danced very well. It was fun. It was jazzy. Dassy is a sexy girl. But I didn't find the dance all that sexy.

Comfort & Mark
Contemporary
Talia Favia
Once again, I am super impressed with the connection that these all-stars have with their partners in such a few short weeks. Comfort and Mark are so together when they dance. And also once again, b boy Mark partnering skills are absolutely terrific. It was an emotional, solid routine. My only petty gripe - Comfort's skirt was too pouffy. That's it.

Gabby & Lex
Broadway
Warren Carlyle
The judges gave them a standing ovation, so obviously they were amazing. But for some reason Gabby seemed a little off kilter to me. Some of the purposeful movements and slides almost looked like falls. I guess they were supposed to. The beginning of the routine was a little slow, but the rest of the piece was fun and exciting! Ir was another dance designed to show us that Lex does have an engaging personality as well as excellent dance abilities.

Paul & Sydney
Hip Hop
Luther Brown
I was not a fan of this routine. I thought it was boring. They pretty much stayed in one place until the very end of the dance. There was no innovation, no moves that made me say "wow." It was a very generic dance. I didn't think they were in sync. It was disappointing. Sorry. Sydney looked completely different - that was the most surprising element of this dance.

Cyrus & Kaylee
Jazz
Spencer Liff
Um...I don't know. The episode is nosediving for me at this point. Again, there just weren't any "wow" moments for me. They didn't drop the hats, that's good, but were there really any "hat tricks?" It was just an okay routine. Not special. I didn't think their timing was especially good. I think they took a step back this week unfortunately.

Robert & Taylor
Samba
Jean Marc Genereux
I adore Jean Marc! And is there anything that Robert and Taylor can't do? That was HOT! That was sexy! Boy did they go for it! They were fearless up there. The Samba is a very tough dance, but they looked like ballroom dancers. The episode is back on track for me! But wait, the judges didn't like it? What? Nigel didn't see a spark between them? I sure did! I am really surprised by the negative critiques from the judges. I don't think it was a fair review. I think Robert and Taylor have been on top, and the judges decided to knock them down. I personally saw a lot of fire from both of them. I'm perplexed.

Jenna & Kiki
Contemporary
Mandy Moore
A male ballroom dancer usually has strong partnering abilities, so I was not surprised that Kiki rocked that element in this routine. I thought he was strong, but also tender, and the lifts and line were beautiful! It was a very romantic dance. Their chemistry is ridiculously good. I loved the routine. Stunning. And super sexy. The judges were thrilled too.

The bottom three were Dassy, Sydney, and Mark. It was no surprise to me that Sydney went home.

librarianintx

No comments: