Friday, July 15, 2016

Bare feet

I have sensitive, delicate feet. I like pedicures, but don't enjoy the part where they scrub the bottom of your feet. That always makes me squirm. I don't walk outside in bare feet. I can't handle walking on twigs or rocks or anything like that. Even when I'm inside I'm usually wearing socks. For awhile I would even wear my shoes inside the apartment. I would get home from work but not take my shoes off until I went to bed. Weird, I know. I finally stopped doing that. These days, though, I'm enjoying going barefoot in the apartment. I'm not sure what's changed. But it feels good. It feels relaxing. I think for some reason when I was younger, my feet used to sweat a little and stick to the carpet. But that's not happening anymore. I'm sure many people would view this as a strange post. Why is she talking about how going barefoot makes her happy? For me, being able to walk around barefoot is a feeling of freedom. My feet needed to be covered by something at all times - socks, shoes - but now they can be unencumbered, and it feels good.

librarianintx

No comments: