Thursday, November 26, 2015

Dancing with the Stars Finale

I'm disappointed that I was only able to write a few recaps for this season. I had intended to write a recap for every episode. Sigh. I'll try again next season.

Congratulations to Bindi and Derek! Bindi was the frontrunner from week one, and never lost that status. She is an amazing dancer, and an outstanding human being. Definitely the right couple took home the mirrorball trophy.

My top four would have been Bindi, Nick, Tamar, and Carlos, so that is close to what actually transpired. In just about every season, the third place finisher is someone who didn't deserve to be in the top three, and for me that happened again this season. Alek definitely grew as a dancer, especially considering he has no previous dancing or acting experience. Plus he was a sentimental favorite, an American hero. But if Tamar had stayed in the competition, I'm not sure that Alek would have finished in third place. Tamar was a more accomplished dancer, but she was not as well liked or admired as Alek. As we know, Dancing with the Stars is often more of a popularity contest than a show about dancing ability.

I didn't enjoy all of the cast members this season, but I still adore this show. Thanks for another great season, DWTS! My mom and I will be seeing the tour on December 20th. We are so excited!

librarianintx

No comments: