Thursday, November 06, 2014

Dancing with the Stars

Nearly every season I hesitate about watching "Dancing with the Stars." Especially when it was on for two nights every week. It's such a big time commitment, and I already watch so much television. So I usually try to talk myself out of watching. "I don't know very many of the contestants. Maybe it won't be that good this season." But every season I watch it, and every season I so enjoy it. If there is one thing I wish I could do, I would want to dance.

This season there have been more bad contestants in my opinion, and a few of them are often pretty painful to watch, bless their hearts. There is a real gulf between the good and bad contestants that remain in the competition. The good ones are really great, and the bad ones...are just not going to improve. In my opinion, Lea is the only star that's somewhere in the middle. There is no doubt that she can dance, and she has had moments of greatness, but her nerves often get the best of her. Unfortunately the judges' comments haven't helped her comfort level. The one week where she looked the most relaxed and sexy, the judges told her she was trying to be someone else and she should be herself. Huh? Lea is sexy!

I think anyone in the top four - Alfonso, Janel, Sadie, and Bethany - have the capacity to take the Mirrorball trophy. There is a good chance it will come down to who executes the best freestyle in the finale. History would tell us that Derek and Bethany have the greatest odds in that case, followed by Mark and Sadie. Whitney has never choreographed a freestyle, and Val's freestyle with Zendaya a free years ago resulted in their second place finish.

It's a race to the finish, and I look forward to the next few weeks. I haven't voted yet, but I may start next week. I really like both Alfonso and Janel, so I may have to split my votes. I could vote on my land line for one and my mobile phone for the other.

librarianintx

No comments: