Monday, June 24, 2013

So You Think You Can Dance

In all honesty, I'm more excited about the start of Big Brother when it comes to summer reality tv, but I'm still a SYTYCD fan. I think it will be a good season. I don't remember anyone's name yet, but I think the girls stand out to me more than the guys so far.

Tap is probably my least favorite style of dance, so I'm not thrilled that there are three tappers this season, although I am interested in this season's crop more than usual. The female tapper is quite unique; I enjoyed her audition. And I'm excited for the guy who didn't make it, but then did make it into the Top 20 because someone else had to withdraw due to injury.

I'm also glad both of the animators made it, because I like both of them and couldn't choose between them, but I think they will have a rough road with the choreographers.

Hopefully Adam will be on the panel frequently this season. I liked that he gave a lot of constructive criticism after the first night of dancing. The dancers aren't going to learn and grow if the judges give standing ovations and glow about every performance. And I really like the way Adam gives critiques. He's very liberal with his praise, but he also gives clear, concise instructions on what he feels they need to do to improve.

Hopefully it will be an exciting season of breathtaking dancing and fresh, innovative routines by inspired choreographers.

librarianintx

No comments: