Sunday, September 22, 2024

Health Tip #2: Growth Mindset

From Google:
Growth mindset: “In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment.”

For me, growth mindset means looking at problems or setbacks as challenges and opportunities, which is helping me build resilience. 

Something happened last week. I don't mean to be vague, but I can't go into detail about it. Suffice to say, I was upset and frustrated and felt that what was happening was unfair to me.

The situation made me feel stressed, and I felt it in my body as well as emotionally. This kind of stress is detrimental, physically as well as emotionally. Chronic stress can lead to heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer.

I knew that I could not change the situation. So I changed my mindset. I focused on the belief that everything happens for a reason. I found the silver lining in what was taking place. 

For my physical and mental health, I made the decision that I felt was right for me, and I moved on. In doing that, I felt resilient. 

Cultivating a growth mindset can be very beneficial.  It can take time and practice to develop a new way of thinking and processing events in your life.

It's worth the effort.

librarianintx

No comments: