Tuesday, April 02, 2024

Day 27: A Month of Birthday Gratitude

"When you love your job, it doesn't feel like work."

I went to library school intending to work with children, either in an elementary school or public library setting. 

But for nearly twenty-five years I have worked for a regional library for the National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled. 

Helping people who are older, disabled, or have a chronic illness is my purpose. 

Connecting people to the information and resources that they need makes me fulfilled. 

And as a person with a disability, I am so fortunate to work for a state agency that values and supports people with disabilities. 

I am very proud of  where I work, and grateful for the opportunities my job has my afforded me.

librarianintx

No comments: