Friday, June 23, 2023

Brown Sandals

Silly how happy my new sandals have made me.

But it has been a journey finding BROWN sandals that fit my tiny feet. Little girls do not pine away for brown sandals apparently (See what I did there?)

But I have been. I wear brown quite a bit. The brown sandals I've been wearing for years were looking like the Velveteen Rabbit. They were hanging on by a thread. And this matchy girl can not wear another color sandal with brown pants or capris. Shudder.

My mother did her best. She lives for a shopping challenge. Before the pandemic she went to MULTIPLE stores looking for size two brown sandals. Not just the size, but there were other requirements: I can't wear backless sandals. Little to no heel. And the new trend where the strap comes high up on the ankle - can't do it.

My mom had her work cut out for her.

After an exhaustive search, she found two pairs for me. One was more of a nude color. Not brown. The other pair were the color of mud. Not cute. But they were the best she could find. And I appreciated her efforts.

Then came the pandemic. Other problems took precedence, and I forgot about trivial pursuits like new sandals.

But recently I renewed my quest. And it was MUCH easier this time. Amazon had several brown sandals to choose from. Buying shoes online can turn out great or badly. But yay, finally success! Cute brown sandals that fit!

I am on my way to work. The library is freezing. But fashion over comfort, girl. I couldn't wait to wear them.

Thank you for your years of service old brown sandals.

librarianintx 

No comments: