Sunday, September 13, 2020

Dancing With the Stars

Dancing with the Stars returns tomorrow night, and yes I am very excited. It has been a long drought, and I have missed the ballroom. Dancing with the Stars is one of my favorite shows. Even though the pandemic has caused a lot of shows to go on hiatus, I have still found other shows to watch. But I am happy to have my dance show back.

But the show is going to be different this season. Because of the pandemic, there will be no audience, and I'm not sure there will even be a ballroom. The dancers might be performing in some kind of remote location. We will find out more tomorrow night.

But the big difference for me will be that Tom and Erin are no longer part of the show. They have been replaced by Tyra Banks, who is also the new executive producer of the show.

Honestly, I cannot imagine Dancing with the Stars without Erin, and especially without Tom. They are very important to the show. They are so funny together, and they are so good with the contestants, knowing when they need to provide humor and when they need to provide comfort and encouragement. I don't know if Tyra will be able to do what Tom and Erin have done for so many years. I am willing to give her a chance, and I hope she does well, but I know I will miss Tom and Erin terribly.

I also recently found out that Len will not be a judge this season. I think this is because of the pandemic, but I don't know for sure. He may not return as a judge. Len is cranky and difficult sometimes, but it's hard to imagine the show without him. I think he will be on the show in some capacity, and remotely, but it won't be the same not having him as a judge.

So there will be a lot of change this season, and we will see what works and what doesn't. I am not a fan of change, but nobody asked me if Tom and Erin should be replaced. Of course I would have said no. Definitely not! But I will be watching tomorrow night and hoping for the best. See you there dance fans!

librarianintx

No comments: