Sunday, May 03, 2020

"Living Under the Threat" - Good Saturday - 5/3/20

Yesterday was quite a good day.

I did ALL my exercises AND pedaled for ten minutes BEFORE noon!

I made a cheese omelette for breakfast, and ate fresh blueberries with lunch.

I finished reading one book and started another.

I spent some time on the patio.

I started watching "The Roosevelts" on PBS.

I finished organizing a stack of grocery receipts.

So I was productive, focused, and I did not procrastinate. 
I made good use of my time.
I had a "me" day, and it was enjoyable.

Except when I thought about the fact that I'm having this nice day at home because I don't feel it's safe for me to go anywhere.

Except when I went on Facebook and saw people getting together with friends, going out to eat, having parties.

Except when the reality hit me that life will go back to at least some sense of normalcy for some people, but not for me.

Except when I thought about the unknowns of how long I will have to stay home and how will I know when it's safe for me to be out in public again.

Except when I think about the fact that rejoining society for me will mean taking public transportation, which will put me more at risk.

So it was a great day, except when all of these "excepts" pushed their way into my consciousness.

Each time, I tried to take a breath, push them away, and focus on something else.

The "unknowns" will become "knowns" in time.

I have to be patient.

And continue to find my happiness, my fulfillment at home.

#mindfulness

librarianintx

No comments: