Friday, May 29, 2020

Survivor: Winners at War finale: My Thoughts

Okay, so I'm only two and a half weeks late in commenting about the Survivor finale. That's not too bad, right?

I really enjoyed the season. There were so many good players, obviously, because they were all previous winners of the show.

Tony was not my favorite player, but he is definitely a worthy winner. I am very happy for him and his family. I think he is a very entertaining player to watch. I enjoyed his mad searches for hidden immunity idols, and his spying on his fellow contestants.

I thought Natalie had an amazing journey this season, and I was happy to see her make her way back into the game. I would not have been unhappy to see her win, but I agree with many fans that her decision not to make fire against Tony likely cost her $2,000,000.

So who did I want to win? I had several people that I was rooting for, including Jeremy, Nick, Ethan, Yul, and Denise. It's hard for me to narrow it down from those five, but if I had to choose one, I think I would say Jeremy. But I really love them all. Actually, there is only one person that I didn't like this season. I understand why Sandra was chosen to be on this season. She is a two-time winner. But her attitude drives me crazy. And it was disheartening to see her quit when she was voted out, although it did not surprise me. She considers herself the Queen of the show, but Denise earned the title of Queen Slayer with one of the greatest blindsides the series has ever seen.

Of course one of my favorite parts of the season was seeing the families reunited, especially the players on the Edge of Extinction getting to spend time with their families. That was one of the best segments ever in the history of the show.

Thanks for a great season, Survivor, and congratulations to all the contestants who appeared on the show.

No comments: