Monday, September 23, 2019

So You Think You Can Dance Season 16 - Final thoughts

I know, I'm a week late to the party, but I just wanted to say that season 16 was short, but thoroughly enjoyable, with some EXCELLENT dancers, routines, and choreographers.

I thought everyone in the top 10 was exceptional, with one exception, which I don't feel the need to name. The top 4 was not who I would have chosen - my top 4 would have been Stephanie, Ezra, Mariah, and Bailey. But that doesn't mean that I think Gino and Sophie didn't deserve to be there, because they did. Remember, we're talking American's FAVORITE dancer, not America's BEST dancer. If the latter were the case, Gino should have won. He was arguably the best technical dancer. Personally, I am absolutely thrilled for Bailey. I didn't vote at all this season, but either he or Mariah were my picks to win. They were the most exciting couple by far this season, and possibly one of the greatest couples the show has ever seen. They tore up every single routine handed to them. Ray Leeper's "Need You Tonight" jazz dance has become one of my favorite routines of all time on the show.

So a big congratulations to the first B-Boy winner of So You Think You Can Dance! And a thank you to the incredible dancers who restored my interest and enjoyment in the show this summer. You all put every bit of yourselves into every routine, and I hope you all have long and successful careers in the entertainment business.

librarianintx

No comments: