Thursday, September 26, 2019

"Be on Time Chronicles" 9/26/19

UGH!!!

I'm in the bathroom this morning getting ready, and there's a knock at the door - at 6:30 am, fifteen minutes before my ride window opened. I don't think drivers should be allowed to do that. Fifteen minutes is really early. I don't have to be ready then, so why knock on the door? It's stressful knowing that the driver is already there and waiting. And do they not think about the fact that there may be other people living in the residence who could be disturbed by the knocking? Sometimes my roommate is up by then. Sometimes he's even out the door by then. But not this morning.

Usually I don't get stressed by my rides anymore, but the knocking on the door so early made me feel rushed and anxious. It would have been the driver's fault if he had left before my time, but I was worried he would do that, especially since I didn't respond to his knock. But I was out the door a few minutes early, and in the vehicle by 6:45. It all worked out, but I didn't need the added stress.

librarianintx

No comments: