Friday, August 30, 2019

"Be on Time Chronicles" 8/30/19

Think fifteen minutes isn't enough time to get anything done?

Lately I have had the same driver on Fridays, and he usually arrives in the middle of my ride window, which is around 7 am.

So even though I understand that I COULD have a different driver, and he/she COULD arrive earlier, I decided to take a chance and do a few chores instead of standing outside and doing nothing.

Here is what I accomplished in about fifteen minutes:

1) gathered towels and socks together for laundry later

2) turned up the thermostat

3) made half a cheese sandwich (usually I get my food ready the night before, but I remembered I only had a half sandwich left over from yesterday)

4) changed out my phone cases (I carried a turquoise-colored case yesterday to match my shirt. Today's shirt was blue, so I switched to a blue case)

5) changed out my purse (I don't have a turquoise-colored purse (gasp!) so I carried a beige purse yesterday. I switched to a blue purse for today)

6) added a blue pen to my purse

7) went to the bathroom again

And I was still outside for a few minutes before my ride pulled up. Surprisingly, I did have a different driver. But he was on a similar schedule to my usual Friday driver.

I need to make rice today, but I didn't have enough time to do that. Even if I had, my OCD would have made me obsess if I remembered to turn the stove off. So I'm fortunate I didn't attempt that chore.

librarianintx

No comments: