Tuesday, June 02, 2015

SYTYCD Premiere

I was pleasantly surprised. Since they changed the format (stage vs street) and added two new permanent judges (Paula Abdul and Jason Derulo) I had not been excited about the show at all. I even considered not watching.

But I'm glad I did. The magic is still there for me. They showcased some very good dancers. There were heartwarming moments. And some laughs. My favorite moment was the kids dancing with Jason.

Paula usually drives me crazy as a judge, but I thought she did well last night. Her comments were coherent and she didn't ramble or stammer. The three judges played off each other well. I got the giggles too when Paula and Jason lost it over "ballhopping." 

I was not a fan of Jason's guest judging appearance last season, but I thought he did pretty well last night. I enjoyed the two times he went on stage, although I was disappointed in his blatant uncomfortableness with the effeminate contestants. I am a fan of his music, however, and happy to have the opportunity to hear "Talk Dirty to Me" and "Want to Want You." 

So it was a premiere as good as any other season of the show, and I look forward to months of tears, triumphs, and incredible dancing. Bring it!

librarianintx

No comments: