Thursday, June 04, 2015

Passion over fear

"One of the most beautiful things I've witnessed is watching her passion become greater than her fear."

That is a quote from Demi Moore about her daughter, Rumer Willis, during this past season of "Dancing with the Stars." Rumer spoke about how she was teased and bullied as a child for her looks, and how being on "Dancing with the Stars" and learning to dance made her feel beautiful. As much as I enjoyed Riker and Allison this season, I was also a big fan of Rumer and Val, and I'm very pleased that they won. Rumer and Val have amazing chemistry, and it was evident how much being on the show meant to Rumer. Every dance was a work of art, beauty, and grace. Riker had great energy, enthusiasm, and a competitive spirit. But Rumer had a passion for dancing that emanated from her every week like explosives. No one this season was more expressive, more determined, more in love with dancing than Rumer.

When Amber Riley won her season, she said something like, "If something scares me, that makes me want to do it even more." People like Amber and Rumer - women that have their goals in sight, and have the fire, the drive, the passion to get what they want - that is the kind of woman I want to be. I want to know what I want, and not let anything or anyone stop me from achieving it. To do that, though, you have to have self-esteem. You have to have a belief in yourself and your abilities. You can't let fear derail you. Fear of success. Fear of failure. And therein lies my difficulties. I don't have the belief in myself. And I let fear stop me at every opportunity.

I hand my power over to fear on a daily basis.
I won't be a success in life until I find a way to change that mindset.

librarianintx

No comments: