Friday, May 06, 2011

Nurturing Dreams workshop

Yesterday and today I attended a workshop called "Nurturing Dreams" at an organization where I serve on an advisory committee through my job. This workshop was a "train the trainer" series designed to assist professionals in working with self-advocates and people with disabilities on identifying and hopefully making their dreams come to fruition.

There were about 15 of us going through the training. It was really really great. It was fun, it was cathartic, at times it was intense, we all really bonded, especially at our individual tables.

When I mentioned that I have a blog, one of the trainers asked for the URL, and asked my permission to write it on the whiteboard so people could visit the blog. I explained that I actually have more than one blog, but I gave the URL for this main blog. Its scary thinking that people I just met are going to possibly come here and read about all the stuff I'm interested in. But really, isn't that why I have a blog...so I can share my thoughts and opinions, and post about topics that are important to me?

So if you're from "Nurturing Dreams" and you're stopping by,,,thanks for visiting! Please say hi in the comments section if you have time. My picture is on the blog, but I don't use my real name. Here I am known as "librarinaintx" or "sweatergrrl."

It was so great to meet everyone at "Nurturing Dreams." Thank you all for sharing so much of yourselves with the group. I think we all learned and felt and grew and had a lot of fun in the process. A special thank you to "T."

librarinaintx

P.S. Hey dreamers...I aaw a beautiful, big, yellow butterfly this afternoon. :)

2 comments:

Blue Tower Training said...

The workshop was great because you were there! Shirley and I loved your quiet energy and passion.

librarian in TX said...

Thanks Krescene! Really enjoyed the training. Thanks for stopping by. :)