Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Award Shows

For a long time I didn't watch movies.
I was more into television and books.
I didn't enjoy going to the movie theater.
The moving images on the big screen would make me dizzy.

But I would still watch the award shows.
The Golden Globes
The Screen Actors Guild
The Oscar's

Even though I had not seen the movies, I wanted to know who won.
And I enjoyed seeing what everyone was wearing. 
I still had favorite actors and actresses, but if I had not seen the movies, I didn't know who to root for.

I have learned that watching award shows is more fun when you have seen the nominated movies.

Last weekend I watched the SAG's. I had seen a few of the movies: Power of the Dog, Nightmare Alley, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, and King Richard. I had not seen CODA or House of Gucci yet, but I knew enough about them to want them to win.

So I was thrilled when CODA won best movie, and Will Smith took home the prize for best male actor. Although I had not seen her performance, I was hoping Lady Gaga would win best actress for House of Gucci, but I was happy for Jessica Chastain, and I think she was definitely worthy of the win.

For the most part I loved the fashion. There were many beautiful dresses. My top five, in no particular order, were Jennifer Hudson and Helen Mirror in pale pink, Kerry Washington in yellow, Saniyya Sydney in blue, and Ariana DuBose in hot pink. Although Lady Gaga did not make my top five, she looked stunning, and I loved the old Hollywood glamour she brought to the SAG's, dripping in jewels with her platinum blond hair in long waves and her form-fitting white and gold floor-length gown. 

On the flip side, my least favorite looks were Hailee Steinfield, in a black bra dress with a strand of hair plastered to her forehead, and Emilia Jones, wearing a gray chain-mail type dress over a black bra and a pair of high-waisted briefs. No shade. Just keeping it real.

librarianintx 

No comments: