Wednesday, February 05, 2020

January 2020 Recap

A new year!
A new decade!

I haven't written about 2019 yet (one of these days), but here's a recap of my first month of 2020. It was a very busy and productive thirty-one days.

I saw SEVEN movies in January; six of them in the theater. That is probably a record for me:
Hustlers
Bombshell
Just Mercy
Les Miserables
Give Me Liberty
Song of Names
Clemency

I read three books in January:
Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
The Man From the Train by Bill James
Hope: A Memoir of Survival in Cleveland by Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus

I participated in two book clubs:
An online chat with author Haben Girma
True Crime Book Club at Austin Public Library

I also toured the Motown exhibit at the LBJ Library.

I went out to eat three times:
Aster's (after the Motown exhibit)
Galaxy Cafe (before the True Crime Book Club)
Texas Smokehouse in Katy

And I attended the Transportation Works conference in Galveston. Unfortunately the weather was dismal and I was only there for about a day and a half, so I didn't get to enjoy the city, but the conference was good, and I got to spend time with friends I met at previous conferences.

I am thrilled with everything I was able to do, and hope that February is just as productive and eventful.

librarianintx

No comments: