Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Wonderful Quote about Gratitude

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Melody Beattie

My life continues to evolve and grow as I am focusing more on gratitude. It has made me calmer, happier, more comfortable with my life. The evilness of finding my existence lacking in comparison to others is shrinking away, which benefits me in numerous ways.

If you're worried that gratitude results in complacency, I can tell you it doesn't, at least it hasn't for me. Saying I'm more comfortable with my life doesn't mean that I have stopped attempting new endeavors or reaching for more accomplishments. On the contrary. Gratitude makes me appreciate what I have and also allows me to strive for betterment with less fear of failure and concern for what other people think of my decisions in life. 

Here is my gratitude list for this morning:
I got my jacket zipped up (the zipper is fussy).
The van was warm.
I made it to work.
I have a job that fulfills me and allows me to help people.
I have a roof over my head, food to eat, and money in the bank.
I have people who care about me. 

Gratitude will have a positive effect on your attitude, your perspective, your personality - if you make a conscious effort to make it a daily part of your life.

librarianintx

No comments: