Friday, March 01, 2019

February 2019 month in review

February was not as successful a month as January, but still had some good points.

Work was much slower.
I did not hit 100 requests, for the first time in a long time.
There were only 19 work days in February, so that was a big contributing factor.

I watched two webinars in February, and participated in the annual "Read Across America" festivities at Rodriguez Elementary school.

I read three books in February:
Clean
When Hitler Took Cocaine and Lenin Lost His Brain
I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer

I saw Fleetwood Mac in concert.

I also attended Chorus Austin's Chamber Ensemble concert. 

I saw the third "How to Train Your Dragon" movie, in 3D, at the movie theater. I also saw an Oscar-nominated documentary: "Hale County, This Morning, This Evening," and an Oscar-nominated movie: "Border." In all I saw six Oscar-nominated movies / documentaries: "A Star is Born," "Bohemian Rhapsody," "RBG," "Mary, Queen of Scots," and the two mentioned above. I watched the Oscars with a few friends. I loved, loved, loved Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's performance of "Shallow," and Queen opening the show with Adam Lambert.

I went out to lunch / brunch a few times in February. I went to dinner in Austin at a new-to-me place called "24 Diner" before attending the Austin Public Library True Crime Book Club.

I only wrote two personal blog posts in February. Boo!!

I had a few health issues in February, so I'm just relieved and grateful that I was able to keep up with work, physical therapy, and regular life. Anything else I was able to do last month was bonus.

librarianintx


No comments: