Thursday, December 18, 2014

Survivor, and other reality tv season finales

I am very pleased with who won Survivor last night. I was rooting for either Natalie or Keith, but I really wanted Natalie to win. To be honest, I found her and her sister rather annoying when they competed on the Amazing Race, but I liked her on Survivor, and I definitely think she did more than enough to deserve the win. She gave up rewards to further herself in the game, she volunteered to go to Exile Island, she found an immunity idol, she won a few challenges and came close in others, and she made several huge moves at Tribal Councils: single-handedly flipping the game to get Alec out before Keith, working with others to get John out, and in the biggest move of the season, giving her immunity idol to Jacqui so they could get Baylor out. That was such a huge move, because it broke up the mother-daughter alliance, and I think she knew that if she could get Keith out after Baylor, then she would be left with Jacqui and Missy, and neither one of them had done enough to deserve the win. And that is exactly what happened. Natalie made the big, sometimes tough plays, and that's what you have to do to win Survivor. I admire Missy and Baylor for understanding that Natalie had to make that strategic move. I know they weren't happy about it, but they didn't hate her for it.

I know this is old news, but I didn't have a chance to blog about it until now. I am very happy with who won Dancing with the Stars as well. I was rooting for Alfonso and Whitney the whole season. They were so much fun to watch. Janel and Val was my second favorite team; I was disappointed that they ended up in fourth place. But they Top 4 teams were so strong this year, that I honestly would not have been that disappointed to see either Sadie or Bethany win as well. I am not a Duck Dynasty fan at all, but I think Sadie is a sweet girl and I am very impressed that she made it to runner up with absolutely no dance experience.

And going even further back, I was also happy with who won Big Brother this summer. Derek played a masterful game, right up there with some of the greats. I really wanted Donny to win, but I knew he wouldn't. I'm so glad he won fan favorite; I figured he would. Frankie was another favorite of mine early on, but he got too full of himself as the game went along. He was entertaining though, that's for sure. Derek definitely deserved the win. Overall this season was so much better than the previous summer; the contestants were so much more likeable - even Devin. Zach got on my nerves sometimes, but evidently many people liked him because he was in the running for fan favorite. I thought I would hate Caleb because of the pre-show press about him, but actually I liked him. I felt bad that he was blindsided so badly, and I also felt bad that Amber didn't have feelings for him. But in the end I am very happy that Derek won.

Now if Bethany and Adam win the Amazing Race tomorrow night, I will be four for four for the reality television year! I don't watch the Amazing Race every season like I do the other shows; I watched this season specifically because of Bethany. She rocks!! If only I could be as brave and strong and beautiful inside and out as she is. Fingers crossed for Team Surfers!

librarianintx

No comments: