Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Productivity

I was amazingly productive yesterday, and it felt SO GOOD! Considering it was my first day back at work from a week's vacation, AND it was a Monday, you would think that everything went wrong yesterday, but it didn't. One new thing I did yesterday - I read during the trip to and from work. Unfortunately this resulted in mild bouts of carsickness, but I did it anyway. I started reading Fifty Shades of Grey on my nook in the morning, and read a bit more of that in the afternoon. I got to page 55, which is quite a feat for me. I'm not a faster reader, but somehow I am able to read more quickly on the nook, and with better comprehension. Then on the way home I continued reading Mennonite in a Black Dress, which I have been trying to finish for months and months. It felt great to read that much in one day. And I think because I didn't just sit in the car and do nothing, I got to work feeling more energized and ready to work. I had good focus during the work day, and was nicely productive. I finished the day with thirteen hash marks for requests completion, and a lot of work put toward a big request that I should be able to finish today. I also had time to journal a bit yesterday, type up a few brief reviews on Goodreads, and write a card to my younger cousin Katherine at camp. I unloaded the dishwasher, did my daily chores, watched the new episode of Push Girls, and was in bed by 11. Of course there were things I didn't do that I should have. I didn't do my breathing exercises. I didn't do any exercising. But let's focus on the positive. It was a good, successful day. I'm happy. And my drought-plagued city got rain for the second day in a row!!!! librarianintx

No comments: