Monday, December 12, 2022

A Monday

Ultimately, today was about gratitude for what I was able to accomplish and giving myself grace for what I was unable to achieve.

This was not about anxiety limiting me.
Or a lack of motivation preventing me.

It was about still recovering from illness
And less than ideal weather
Plus an inability to schedule transportation 

There was no anger or self-criticism.
I knew I did the best I could.
I gave myself credit for that.
And chose to focus on what I was able to do.

Today was not about courage, but I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes:

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that still, small voice at the end of the day that says, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"

I faced the shortcomings of the day with a calm determination that I will complete my tasks another day. 

A healthier approach to a challenging day.

Progress feels good.

librarianintx

No comments: