Sunday, June 05, 2022

Survivor Finale: My Thoughts

I can sum it up in one word: Meh.

After such a good season with so many great contestants - to have Maryanne, Romeo, and Mike as the final three - sigh. 

My dream final four would have been Johnathan, Drea, Hai, and Omar. Of those four, I think Omar should have won, although my preference would have been for either Drea or Johnathan to win. Omar was a surprisingly strategic player, although it's hard for me to root for someone who plays so deviously. I'm still a fan of Johnathan, although I did not like the way he spoke to the female contestants. If Jonathan had made to the final three, even with Maryanne and Romeo, I'm not sure he would have won. He pissed off too many people with his attitude as the season progressed. 

Usually, I root for underdogs, but in my opinion, none of the final three deserved to win. I found it laughable at the beginning of the final tribal council when everyone on the jury was apparently trying to convince the audience what an amazing final three this was. 

Still, I'm glad that Romeo and Mike each won important challenges, and I'm glad they both got what they wanted out of the game. I like Maryanne as a person; she is enthusiastic, authentic, and a Survivor superfan. But she didn't win any challenges, and she only made one big move in the game - getting out Omar. Was that move, and getting to the end with a idol in her pocket worthy of a million dollars? Or did she win because Mike choked on his sense of integrity, Romeo was a goat, and everyone underestimated her? 

Outplay? Nope

Outwit? Twice at most (Omar and Lindsay)

Outlast? Yes. And in the end, that's all you need to win. 

librarianintx

No comments: