Thursday, August 16, 2012

So You Think You Can Dance

Wasn't a fan of last night's show. They had the dancers re-create some of choreographer Mia Michael's most famous performances from previous shows. I understand that dances are often performed by various dancers, just as plays and musicals have different actors. But the dances they chose to re-create are so iconic...I identify the original dancers so much with the pieces, that the re-creations fell flat for me, even though I think this season's cast is just as talented as previous dancers. For me, no one can perform "The Bench" like Travis and Heidi did; I don't want to see anyone but Katee and Twitch dance "The Door." Kupono wasn't necessarily my favorite dancer in his season, but the intensity, the fire, the evil he brought to his portrayal in "Addiction"...as amazing as Cole is, he did not bring that same level of performance for me. He did it for Mary Murphy and for Nigel, but not for me. Even the "Butt Dance," which was never a favorite of mine, and Randi and Even were not my favorites in their season, while I adore Amelia and Will...even with that dance, Randi and Evan did it better. So I was disappointed. And very sad to see Amelia and Janelle get eliminated, although I'm a big fan of Lindsay too. librarianintx

No comments: