Saturday, May 22, 2010

Yea, wifi!

Okay, it only took me nearly six months to do it, but I finally got the AT&T uverse wifi to work in the apartment! YEA! Three reasons why it took so long:

1) I've been busy
2) I tried a few times and couldn't figure it out.
3) Historically I can't figure things out on my own so I put off trying to do it.

Now before I get too excited, I d0 have to remind myself that:
1) The uverse installation man actually wrote out exactly what information I needed, but I overlooked it, and...
2) My wonderful computer friend gave me a big hint that helped me figure it out.

So I did not figure it out 100% on my own. But hey, 75% is still pretty exciting. I can count it as 75%, can't I?

Wifi rocks. I can now blog anywhere in the apartment. Well, I could do that anyway with my Blackberry. But typing is easier on a laptop than on a smartphone. I'm not the greatest typist on a laptop, but now I'll have more opportunities to practice. :)

It feels so good to figure something out by myself, at least mostly by myself. I was probably working on it for only about 20 minutes so far today. But when that webpage finally appeared after several failed attempts, I cried out, "Ahhh! Its working! I got it!"

Feels good to have something to cheer about today.
librarianintx

No comments: