Monday, April 16, 2007

Thoughts for a family member

I don't usually write about extended family members.
My extended family is pretty dysfunctional. I realize now that most are.
But that's not what this post is about.

One of my cousins is running in the Boston Marathon today.
I've been reading about the terrible Nor'easter.
Race officials are concerned about hypothermia with the runners.

The last time I saw my cousin was in January. I guess he has a runner's body, but to me he looked painfully thin. I'm having visions of him soaked to the skin, teeth chattering, determined to finish something that he has worked very hard to achieve.

My thoughts and hopes are with him. I hope he makes it to the finish line, and I hope he's okay.

We may be dysfunctional, but there is love and caring there too.

ETA: He finished! I don't have any other details, but he did it! Congratulations M!!

librarianintx

No comments: